The damage assessment field command post package includes the following information:
1. Maps of the entire region that illustrate the impacted area and any known hazard zones.
2. The briefing package that delivers information on the nature of the assessment (hazard specific) along with safety directives, command structure, communications, procedural instructions, and more is issued to every assigned member at a formal pre-deployment briefing.
See the sample briefing package below.
3. The Command Post Information Chart includes command structure (contacts), communication assignments and phone numbers, division leader assignments
4. Each division includes an organizational/operational chart (Division Structure) with up to five teams defined.
The CP chart version is laminated with team listings on velcro/removable tags that can be moved (reassigned) to other divisions as necessary to maintain peak efficiency. The Division Structure chart also include command and communication assignments. These charts are held at the command post to monitor the activity and location of all assigned personnel. Copies of the charts and maps are also deployed with each functional leader to ensure all parties hold the same information.
5. A map of the area to conduct the survey divided into divisions. In regional (wide area) assessments there may be more than one field command post. In smaller areas or towns divisions should be pre-established and mapped.
6. The Briefing Package is issued at a formal pre-deployment briefing to all personnel assigned to the function. The package addresses standardized information along with hazard/incident specific information necessary to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
-Safety (hazard specific and general hazards)
-Survey process instructions
-Communications (operational and emergency)
-Conduct & Security
- Personal requirements (uniform/PPE etc.)
7. The division leader is issued an assignment package following the briefing process. Each division leader ensures that each team leader and member have a copy of the briefing and are in full compliance with uniform/safety standards.
8. The division leader is issued a Division Structure chart that matches the chart maintained by the command post and;
The map form illustrating the division leaders assigned area is sub divided into team assignments. Another copy of the map is issued to each team leader designating their assignment. The map is also used by the team leader to illustrate surrounding teams (for reassignment purposes).
Teams utilize locally approved assessment forms (A few samples below)
Sample Localized Custom Assessment Forms